Sun Java Certification
What Is Java?
To the regular person on the street, you will most likely get the answer of "coffee." But to computer people and programmers, Java is a programming language developed by Sun Microsystems. Java is used to create interactive content for web pages. Java is also used to create stand-alone applications that work independently of a computer's operating system.
What Will You Learn In a Sun Java Certificate Program?
There are different Sun Java certificates. Each certification addresses specific aspects of Java, its operation, and associated features.
There are also certificate study programs for:
- Sun Certified Java Associate (SCJA) - This training goes over basic concepts of Object Oriented (OO) programming, the Java programming language, and the general basics of Java technologies and platforms
- Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) - This certificate program teaches the basics of programming in Java. You will learn how to be proficient at Java programming at the completion of the course
- Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services (SCDJWS) - This certification is geared towards individuals who create web services using Java technology and elements. You will learn how to utilize Java in formulating applications
What Will a Sun Java Certificate Do for My Career?
- Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD)
- Sun Certified Web Component Developer (SCWCD)
- Sun Certified Business Component Developer (SCBCD)
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA)
- Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer
Obtaining a Sun Java Certificate not only gives you valuable career training in Java, but shows employers that you are qualified for certain Java specific duties and tasks. Career advancement opportunities may open with advanced training.
Below is a listing of technical schools with Sun Java Certification: